Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Waidzunas
Dr. Thomas L Waidzunas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palos Heights, IL, with another office in Palos Heights, IL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Waidzunas is affiliated with Advocate Christ Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas L Waidzunas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Holter monitoring
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 25
If you want a doctor that is knowledgeable, caring, kind and concerned, look no further. Dr. Thomas Waidzunas is the doctor for you. He has been my doctor for over 20 years. I do not pick my doctor based on my insurance, instead I pick my insurance based on my doctor. As long as he is practicing, I will go where he goes.
Had to see this doctor to get cleared for surgery. Spent one hour in waiting room. When called back to room, nurse took info, said she had to request the test results ( one would think that if you are going there to get cleared for surgery they would already have those.) after another hour wait in that room Dr. came in spent 5 min. with me and gave OK for surgery, this was 8 days before it. 4 days before surgery, surgery staff didn't like the EKG and said I had to see heart Dr. for surgery clearance, this was a Thursday at 5:30 P.M. I was lucky and got into a Dr. on Saturday he ordered a stress test for Monday. After the test it was 5:30 when I got a call that I had been cleared for surgery the next day. This Dr. almost made me loose the surgery day by not taking enough time or care enough to pay attention to the test results. I would not see this Dr. again. Do have to have another surgery and will not be using him.
Just OK. Very hard to get an appointment and receptionist seems to be bothered every time i call. The office is very small and out dated. Several appointments I've waited over two hours. And not one person including the doctor would apologize for the wait. If i didn't NEED to see him for an OK for surgery i would have left long ago. I am in the process of changing doctors. I would NOT recommend this office to anyone.
Dr. Waidzunas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1987
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Thomas L Waidzunas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas L Waidzunas in this video.
Dr. Thomas L Waidzunas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palos Heights, IL.