Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Watkins
Dr. Thomas L Watkins, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Muskegon, MI. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Watkins is affiliated with Mercy Health Muskegon Hackley Campus and Mercy General Health Partners. Dr. Watkins has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas L Watkins has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Thomas L Watkins has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Osteopathic Manipulation
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Watkins - Posted on November 29th, 2017
Dr. Watkins - Amazing
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Watkins - Posted on March 15th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Watkins - Posted on August 12th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Watkins - Posted on August 27th, 2010
Dr. Watkins definately broke the mold of your typical "Muskegon Doctor". I also like the fact that he trained as a DO, which means he treats his patients from head to toe, and not just the shoulders down. He will not leave the room until he knows you're well aware, and educated about your status. If your health is important than Tom is who you want to manage your care. Plus, the office staff is as professional.
Deborah Alexander Notree Military Affairs,State of Michigan
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Watkins - Posted on April 7th, 2010
In writing this my mind searches for words to describe this Dr. and staff.My family and I feel we have a treasure in earthern vessel. Dr. Watkins is a very detail and caring person.His style reminds me of the doctors that would make home visits because he never rushes in and out of a office visit. Many times his caring comes across in his fatherly words of wisdom and encouragement. He is not afraid to say I will send you to a specalist. He has the ablitly to put a smile on the sickest persons face.He is truly a gift to my family.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2018, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2011, 2016, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2018, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Watkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Thomas L Watkins Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTHOMAS LEE WATKINS DO, 855 Oakridge Rd, Muskegon, MI
Dr. Thomas L Watkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Muskegon, MI.