Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Wharton
Dr. Thomas Wharton, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Exeter, NH. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wharton is affiliated with Exeter Hospital, Portsmouth Regional Hospital and Frisbie Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Wharton has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas Wharton has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Thomas Wharton has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas Wharton is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I think Dr. Wharton is a fabulous doctor. He saved my sister's life after she flat-lined 3 or 4 times because he would NOT give up on her. A few months later when I developed cardiac problems while visiting out of state, I immediately went to see him upon arriving home. The top cardiologists at the hosiptal where I was admitted to cardiac intensive care misdiagnosed me (hence I was not getting better). Within just a few minutes of looking at medical records transmitted to Dr. Wharton from that facility, he correctly diagnosed me and I was on the road to recovery. Seven years later, I am still doing well. I later experienced a cardiac cath (done by Dr. Wharton) with no problems. I thought the hospital did a great job as well.
This doctor is arrogant, fails to listen, puts all patients in the same bucket; in other words, would make the same recommendations for a younger woman about 50 as he would and older man in his 70s. It is one of the most important aspects when considering open heart surgery - The remaining life span and current quality of life of your patient. He is also quick to make judgement without reviewing patient history and when he is corrected with facts he is quick to anger. His opinion is the only opinion. Personally, I'm headed back to Mass General as soon as I can change my insurance.
Dr. Wharton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Portsmouth Regional Hospital
Frisbie Memorial Hospital
Exeter Hospital - Outpatient
Catholic Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Thomas Wharton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCore Cardiology, 3 Alumni Dr, Exeter, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Wharton in this video.
Dr. Thomas Wharton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Exeter, NH.