Dr. Thomas Wharton Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Punctured aorta druing cardio cath

Posted on October 14th, 2013

Did cadio cath and punctured aorta causing husband to bleed out.which Wharton didn't know. Transferred to another hospital for by pass surgery but on operating table surgeons had found and had to repair punctured aorta, Husband died 4 weeks later.

Dr. Wharton is a GREAT doctor!

Posted on June 25th, 2012

I think Dr. Wharton is a fabulous doctor. He saved my sister's life after she flat-lined 3 or 4 times because he would NOT give up on her. A few months later when I developed cardiac problems while visiting out of state, I immediately went to see him upon arriving home. The top cardiologists at the hosiptal where I was admitted to cardiac intensive care misdiagnosed me (hence I was not getting better). Within just a few minutes of looking at medical records transmitted to Dr. Wharton from that facility, he correctly diagnosed me and I was on the road to recovery. Seven years later, I am still doing well. I later experienced a cardiac cath (done by Dr. Wharton) with no problems. I thought the hospital did a great job as well.

Doctor fails to listen to patient

Posted on December 8th, 2011

This doctor is arrogant, fails to listen, puts all patients in the same bucket; in other words, would make the same recommendations for a younger woman about 50 as he would and older man in his 70s. It is one of the most important aspects when considering open heart surgery - The remaining life span and current quality of life of your patient. He is also quick to make judgement without reviewing patient history and when he is corrected with facts he is quick to anger. His opinion is the only opinion. Personally, I'm headed back to Mass General as soon as I can change my insurance.

Posted on February 16th, 2016