Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas S Wind has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Thomas S Wind has the following 11 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Thomas S Wind has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Thomas S Wind is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Wind prescribed a very strong anti-depressant for my son for a mild case of depression. He doubled the dosage without following up and my son had an adverse reaction. Further he had my son stop the medication after one month without tapering the dosage, something that even a novice psychiatrist would know not to do. My son is now trying to recover from this experience. Regret ever going to him.
I was asked to be patient of Dr. Wind when he was sharing a practice in Delaware with another psychiatrist. I left every appointment completely upset and feeling even worse. I thought that maybe our personalty types just didn't click. However, later I was attending a out-patient program at a psychiatric hospital. I talked with other patients of his and found that they too were completed damaged emotionally by his services...
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThomas S Wind & Associates, 1040 N Providence Rd, Media, PA
Dr. Thomas S Wind is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Media, PA.