Dr. Thomas C Winegarden Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Thomas C Winegarden?

Stay Away

Stay away from this man. I was in a hospital on a 72 hour hold and he was the doctor assigned to me. The day after I was admitted I was already fairly lucid and noticed a lot of strange things. My dad visited me and I told the doctor it went well. He said, "So he's not evil anymore?" I said, "Did I SAY he was evil?" I knew I hadn't. His response was, "Well don't ALL daughters think their fathers are evil? My daughters..." and he trailed off. My dad even noted that he was in a ratty tshirt and jeans instead of anything resembling work clothes. There was another patient who roamed around singing to herself, "Dr. Winegarden lies! Dr. Winegarden lies!" and I knew this guy was weird. Later I spoke to another patient who told me he regularly messes with the minds of his patients. He wouldn't let a girl leave unless she agreed to let him be her doctor once she was released. He was supposed to see me to assess when I could leave and he walked right past me, gave me a strange look and went home. I needed to leave for fear of losing my job and had been lucid for days so I asked if someone else could see me. When he found out he told the staff that if I saw someone else he would put me on another 72 hour hold. I talked to the staff who were also confused why I was still there and said if I wasn't seen the next day I would raise holy h-e-l-l. The next morning I was released. Worst experience with a doctor I've ever had.

Great and caring Doctor

Dr. Winegarten saved me from myself. He is a great listener and I am happy I found him. I was inpatient at that time so maybe I was lucky. I still see him on the outside.

Is This Guy For Real???

I have NEVER seen anybody so self centered and with such a massive ego! He is only interested in what else he can cram in his mouth rather than what you have to say.Always have to wait 2+hrs.only to be treated like a second class citizen.Why is he in mental health? Clearly a Dr. that should have retired years ago!

Was always running late. I even booked my appointment so I was his first patient, he was still an hour late getting to the clinic.

He is a Very Understanding Compassionate Doctor. He was my Doctor in the Hospital and is Currently my Doctor. He is really down to earth and Cares about his Patients. I wouldn't trade him...

Long long long wait times. They should at least be honest about how long it will be. I don't consider 2 hours to be "running a little behind". Honesty and respect are basic fundamentals in patient care. We have jobs, families, & lives. This isn't right.

He's a controlling individual that is constantly eating during appointments. One should think he need some psychiatric care....

bad

Be came very self centered. Did not ask appropriate questions I.e. how are you feeling, are your meds working, etc. Was eating during appt..not appropriate at all.Would never go back to this clinic,!!

Run like the wind and DO NOT turn back!

This mal-practitioner and his minions left me feeling so violated that I can no longer trust any member of the medical community whatever their capacity might be. At Fairview Southdale Hospital he repeatedly had me forcibly drugged and violently restrained. When I told him I was not at all or ever to be interested in his 'services', he yelled at me saying, "That's it! I don't need to take this from you. You will get committed. I will personally see to that ." Upon my discharge, he withdrew ALL my meds saying that this was necessary for me to admit that I need him and this way I have no choice but to return. Then he can really take care of me! And the worst part about this? I was not treated as badly as some of the others.

Beware of this wack job!

My wife was a patient of his at Fairview and he seemed totally great there. Once she was out of the hospital and she saw him in his office, it was like a real life Jeckel and Hyde. He was unbelievably unprofessional during the appointment. For example, he started eating his lunch during her appointment, made it sound like she would never feel better and that she was doomed to a depressive life. He also told her that since I have MS, she should prepare for the fact that I would end up in a nursing home. My wife cried over that for two days...she was shocked and terrified. This POS has a God complex and has no business being a doctor, much less a mental health doctor.

WORST Shrink Ever!

There is not 1 good thing I can say about my brief experience with this Dr. Have NEVER seen someone so unprofessional. Can't believe this guy has patients. It's worth your time to find ANYONE else. Seeing him was a TOTAL waste of time and money. Glad I got smart and left. Only wish I'd done it sooner!

Unprofessional, rude, poor quality care, needs to either take his job seriously or retire

Any person who repeatedly tells me or anyone else that they are "asking dumb questions," and that they "don't understand how medicine works" is rude in my book. But the fact that I, too, am an MD and that this Dr Winegarden was fully aware of this fact made his rude comments feel especially personal and unprofessional. In my view we are all patients either now or at some point in our lives and thus I would find such remarks equally rude and unprofessional regardless of who he dared to share them with. In addition, at my 15 minute appointment, he spent more time complaining about his carpal tunnel than listening to me. Also, he did not get a list of the medications I take. This is inexcusable, particularly given that the meds he prescribed and the samples he handed out had deadly interactions with meds I already take. Luckily, I realized this before swallowing any of his bad psychiatry. Further, keeping his sample room in a kitchen so dirty even the samples are probably growing bacteria is unhygienic to say the best. Sadly, it also appears to be yet another example of how he has grown far beyond caring about his patients, being remotely on time, or acting with a modicum of professionalism. He may once have been a good doctor, but I think either retirement or a major change in attitude are now warranted. Even worse is his nurse, who treated me so disrespectfully I wasn't even sure how to react. I don't expect "special treatment" because I am an MD. However, ordinary human decency is something all of us patients deserve. This man might have cared at one point. Now, however, he clearly doesn't and it shows everywhere you look. Do yourself a favor and choose somebody else.