Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Witmer
Dr. Thomas Witmer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY, with other offices in Rochester, NY and Rochester, NY . He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Witmer is affiliated with Highland Hospital, Strong Memorial Hospital and Genesee Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Witmer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Witmer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Strong Memorial Hospital
SMH Sleep Disorder Lab Professional SVS
43 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Thomas Witmer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas Witmer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.