Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas L Yearwood has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Back Pain
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Fractures
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Spinal Stenosis
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Arthritis (Spondylarthritis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
He listened to how I truly feel as a pain patient. No one who is truly in pain wants to live on pain medication every day of their lives, but that has been my life for the last few years. I am under a different pain management doctor other than Dr. Yearwood, but my urologist recommended Dr. Yearwood to me for a spinal cord stimulator. I only receive pain meds from my main pain doctor but my goal is to get the stimulator and either get off all of them and if not all, at least cut down on them. I hate being in this position as it makes me look like a drug addict, its almost embarrassing. I am currently waiting on the insurance to approve the stimulator and then I will give it a try, its my last resort, my last hope. But when I met Dr. Yearwood, he treated me with dignity and respect and as a patient, that means a lot!
Dr. Yearwood is a caring physician that solely cares about giving his patients the best treatment there is available or soon to be available. He is one of the most brilliant, caring physicians I have ever met and really takes the time to find out what you need. He cares about the patient's needs above his own. He will call or have a staff member call just to check how you're doing when you come to his mind. I would refer anyone to him.
- Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Thomas L Yearwood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas L Yearwood in this video.
Dr. Thomas L Yearwood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pascagoula, MS.