Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas P Zavitsanos
Dr. Thomas P Zavitsanos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Zavitsanos is affiliated with Aria Health-Torresdale Campus. Dr. Zavitsanos has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas P Zavitsanos has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
Showing 5 of 16
Saw Dr. Zazitsanos briefly at request of heart surgeon 2 yrs. ago at hospital, never been to office, or follow up. Several doctors referred me to him, but nursing home I'm in kept cancelling pain management appts. Now I'm told there is a "flag" on my "account" saying "don't see her". I never was in their office, have no "account". I don't know why he refuses to see me, never had fight, etc. I called and asked but they won't tell me, I have a right to know! I did nothing wrong to them or anyone else. The nursing home probably said something or lied, etc. They have humiliated me, ruined my name and reputation, credibility, and I just found out Dr. Truitt refuses to see me too. I only saw him briefly few yrs. ago too. I don't know what's going on but this is highly unprofessional and inhumane to treat a sick patient like this. I am a chronic pain patient with DDD spine every level from C3 down to thoracic and lumbar, bulging disks, nerve damage, compressed spine, stenosis, TMJ, DDD knees, rotator cuffs, etc., and spinal cord injury after being attacked 5 yrs. ago, and put in wheelchair. To be treated like this is is wrong! I deserve better and have a right to know why these doctors refuse to see me! I have severe pain and desperate for proper pain meds. that I have not been getting at nursing home or hospital. I'd appreciate a reply. Sheryl Schwartz
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Zavitsanos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Thomas P Zavitsanos accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAria Health Physician Services Pain Management, 3998 Red Lion Rd Ste 304, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Thomas P Zavitsanos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.