Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thor C Mathos has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I am so happy with my experience with Dr. Mathos! I had gone without Medical Insurance for about 12 years and finally got a job that has pretty good insurance. I went to a doctor about 7 months ago who didn't care to address all of the issues that had accumulated over the years. She just kept saying "You will have to schedule another appointment for all of your other concerns." Dr. Mathos on the other hand listened, offered advice and didn't rush me through and it was getting late in the evening, about 8:45 or so and he still was very patient and attentive. I respect and commend him as I think I was a handful coming in there with a list of issues. The staff was great as well!! I am so relieved to finally have found someone like him. :-)
Dr. Mathos amazes me. He is deeply concerned about his patients and takes all the time needed to come to the right conclusion. If he runs late, he apologizes! If you are in the hospital, even though he didn't put you there, he visits daily, even Sundays! I love this doctor and would recommend him to everyone. Most of his staff in congenial with the exception of one or two. Do not ever complain about the staff or you will have to find another Doctor. I do not believe Dr Mathos knows this policy because I feel he would put an end to it..
33 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital
Dr. Thor C Mathos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorwin Family Medicine, 12279 State Route 30 Ste 100, Irwin, PA
Dr. Thor C Mathos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irwin, PA.