Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thu-Anh A Hoang
Dr. Thu-Anh A Hoang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sylmar, CA. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Radiology and Neuroradiology. Dr. Hoang is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, Saint John's Health Center and Torrance Memorial Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Thu-Anh A Hoang has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Neuroradiologists focus specifically on diagnosing conditions related to the nervous system, spine, head and neck through radiology. They can identify abnormalities in these areas and help doctors properly diagnose the presence of tumors, aneurysms and even dementia.
It’s also common for them to consult with patients with persistent headaches or back pains, trauma to a certain area, or any issue that can affect brain function, such as a stroke. Like any radiologist, they are trained to perform x-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds and MRIs, but they work closely with neurologists and neurosurgeons.
Dr. Hoang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Thu-Anh A Hoang accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOlive View Ucla Medical Center, 14445 Olive View Dr, Sylmar, CA
Dr. Thu-Anh A Hoang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sylmar, CA.