Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thuy D Tran has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Thuy D Tran has the following 7 expertise
- Long-Term Care
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Tran was my primary care doctor. I was seen by Dr. Tran for a problem with my lower back with pain radiating down my right leg to my foot. During the first visit Dr. Tran provided a muscle relaxant and told me to come back and he would order an X-Ray if nothing had improved. Nothing had improved and I was seen for the second appointment.During the second appointment he discussed my blood pressure (which was slightly elevated but could be caused by the pain I was in) and NOTHING else. No mention of the muscle relaxant he prescribed or anything else pertaining to my back. I asked him about my back and he rudely said "I dont treat that" after telling me the previous visit that he would order an X-Ray or order a referral. I ask about a referral and was told "No doctor around here will see you. I have had patients have to go to OKC to get treatment. If you can find one locally I will give you a referral." So I get home and begin to make phone calls. The first name I get from the phone book says they will see me as long as I had a Dr. referral. Well now Dr. Tran refuses to provide the referral I need to go to a specialist that will treat my back. I do NOT recommend Dr. Tran to anyone. He does not listen to patients nor does he have their needs in mind
Dr. Tran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Thuy D Tran accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThuy Dinh Tran Md, 604 Ash, Merkel, TX
Dr. Thuy D Tran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Merkel, TX.