Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tiffany R Beckman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tiffany R Beckman has the following 16 expertise
- Nutrition Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Nutritional Support
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 9
I saw this doctor because my internist referred me to the U of MN for a special test that he couldn't perform. First, I had to see an intern, who was nice and took my basic information. Then she went and got Dr. Beckman. She was rude right from the minute she walked in the room. She refused to shake hands because she was afraid she would get the flu. (Guess she would rather come off looking like a fool than use hand sanitizer.) Then she tried to imply that all my problems were psychological. "Those symptoms are usually caused by stress. Have you ever seen a psychiatrist?" (I've had thyroid problems for years.) Then she criticized my internist and said she didn't know why he would want that test. She insisted on running all the same tests he had just run on me, even though she had copies of all his reports. She was actually snippy like a sarcastic 14 year old. She said SHE would be the one to decide if I needed any more tests. Then the nurse called me back after running all those expensive tests and said that my doctor's findings were accurate, but Dr. Beckman still didn't think I needed that test. I called my internist, and he referred me to another endocrinology clinic. That doctor was so kind and ran the test my physician wanted. It turned out I had some adrenal gland problems too, just like my internist thought. Now, I'm on an additional med and feel so much better. That was the first time I ever saw a lady physician. I would not recommend her to anyone, and I won't see a lady doctor again. She is so busy trying to prove herself that she doesn't realize how cold, rude, and snippy she comes off. You would expect a lady doctor to be caring, nurturing, and sensitive. Wrong! I think Dr. Beckman should be!
20 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Tiffany R Beckman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Minnesota Medical Center, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tiffany R Beckman in this video.
Dr. Tiffany R Beckman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.