Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tiffany L Brainerd has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Tiffany L Brainerd has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 16
First I would like to state I hold two masters degrees in education. I found Dr Brainerd to be condencending both to myself and the nursing staff who tried to advocate for my concerns. She was unwilling to listen to my concerns, did not identify herself as a physician I assumed she was a "charge" nurse, she continued to speak over me and was unwilling to commit to an answer. The doctor who prefomed surgery on my son requested that the Cardiac Anesthesiologist discharge my son as he has an upcoming heart surgery. Dr Brianerd told me it was not possible to have an doctor from the cardiac anesthesiology department come and speak to me because they are "TOO BUSY working in the Cath Lab and OR!" My son's nurse Ann apologized nurmerous times for the antics and inablility to locate someone from Cardiac Anesthesha. The end result was a women from patient liason came to speak with me and asked "how many times I had worked with her department?" which was never and had very little to contribute to resolving my situation. I have been working with CHB for the 6 yrs since my son's premature birht @ 33 wks and have NEVER had one issue!! Dr Brianerd is truley the one exception to the rule but I intend to ensure that she is reminded of her postion and get's a formal lesson in how to deal with parents. Jim Mandell CEO of CHB is a personal family friend and I can assure you he will be notified of the way in which I was treated!! As my son's nurse Ann stated - "parents have to advocate for their children!" How unfortunate for all of us with children that have serious health issues. And some advise for Dr Brainerd - you NEVER know who you may be speaking to and their "relationship" to the facility you are working in. Please take these comments to heart and change your approach!
14 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2004
University Of Arizona
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVail Valley Medical Center, 181 W Meadow Dr, Vail, CO
Dr. Tiffany L Brainerd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vail, CO.