Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Tiffany M Satterfield has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I would have given zero stars but unfortunately that was not an option for Dr. Tiffany Satterfield. I was recently seen in the ER for a severe ovarian cyst and needed an immediate follow up but Dr. Satterfield was out of the office 3 days out of the week and according to the receptionist, seeing another Dr. in the practice was not an option. After speaking with Dr. Satterfieldâs nurse on several different occasions, I was finally able to get an appointment. At my appointment, I spoke with the nurse and went over my current medications and she instructed me to undress from the waist down for the doctor to come in and perform a pelvic exam, after explaining all the pain I was going through. This exam was completely unnecessary, considering that it didn't provide any new information to help treat my condition. After that, Dr. Satterfield instructed me to schedule an ultrasound so that she can view what she apparently couldn't see on a CT scan from the ER, which I brought with me. Then to top things off, she would not refill the prescription from the ER because it was a considered a controlled substance, without submitting to a further drug screen...at my cost. She stated that "the FDA is really cracking down on us with our prescriptions" and told me to take Tyenol or Motrin. I told her that I have already tried that type of treatment plan and it was not effective and I was not going to be able to endure the sonogram with all the pain I was in. She offered no further suggestions and insisted that she see the sonogram results, as if the $18,000 ER visit/CT scan was not enough to substantiate any help. She suggested that I was constipated and needed to see a gastro doctor, but did not even touch or exam my abdomen. I have decided to see another physician and not submit myself to this any longer and I would suggest anyone reading these reviews on her to do the same. I will also be contacting my insurance company to inform them of my experience with this practice in hopes that other patients who are in need of medical care, stay far away from Dr. Satterfield since she will waste your time and put you through unnecessary testing/procedures.
13 Years Experience
Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Tiffany M Satterfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSeven Oaks Womens Center, 7711 Louis Pasteur Dr Ste 200, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Tiffany M Satterfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.