Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tim Bongartz
Dr. Tim Bongartz, MD, MS is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, MN. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bongartz is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital - Rochester (Methodist), Mayo Clinic Hospital - Rochester (Saint Mary's) and Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Tim Bongartz has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Tim Bongartz has the following 6 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Tim Bongartz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Tim Bongartz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Very nice doctor. What he said during my appointment did not match what he dictated in his clinic note. He was very hesitant to diagnose anything other than osteoarthritis even though my history and anti CCP were strong positive for RA. My impression was that he thought I had RA but he said "I don't want to diagnose RA because they will start pumping you full of meds".
Dr. Bongartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
Mayo Clinic Rochester - Rochester Methodist
19 Years Experience
Ludwig Maximilians University Munchen
Graduated in 1998
Mayo School Of Graduate Medical Education
Dr. Tim Bongartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tim Bongartz in this video.
Dr. Tim Bongartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.