3.9

Have you seen Dr. Tim C Kisabeth?

Very upsetting/unprofessional

I saw Dr. Kisabeth this week for the first time. I have a genetic disease and made it clear that, after years of consideration, I have decided not to have children.  I don't want to pass the genetic disease on. Dr. Kisabeth refused to treat me with any form of permanent contraceptive. He said that I shouldn't make any "rash decisions" based on what is "convenient" for me. Choosing not to have children has been a long and devastating process for me. He also brushed off my verified history of ovarian cysts as "probably some constipation" even though I told him I've never had trouble with constipation, and the pain from the cysts bursting every few months was the worst stabbing pain I've ever felt. He was very condescending and ignorant of my condition, with no intention of educating himself on it.

He is an absolute horrible man/doctor. If you have the slightest bit of weight on you, he will make you feel like you are not worthy of life.

Not impressed

I had an appointment for 3pm. I was told to be there 15 minutes early for paperwork. I live an hour away and had even left early to make sure I would make it on time. I got lost and tried calling to inform the staff that I would be a little late and I got no answer. As I pulled in the parking lot it was 3:02 and I called to see which building I needed to go into. I explained to the woman on the phone I had gotten lost, and I had apologized numerous times. I also informed her of the amount of pain I'm in and have been in since last week when I scheduled my appointment. The woman was extremely rude to me on the phone and immediately said "We probably won't be able to get you in today, it's not fair to other patients just because you are late". I understand it's not fair to the other patients but 5 minutes late and the doctor can't see me?! I drove an hour to get there just to turn around and have to wait another 3 days with my pain. I'm not impressed by this office and I will be looking elsewhere for my healthcare providers.

Great doctor - takes the time to talk to you and listens to you.

Smart,kind,thoughtful

Poor excuse for an OBGYN

I did not have a good experience with Dr. Kisabeth. At my 22 week visit, Dr. Kisabeth was to review the results of my 20 week ultrasound with me. When I asked him about them, he responded that he did not receive my results from the ultrasound technician. He sent me away without checking and had the nurse contact me telling me that I had an abnormal placenta. My thought was, "what does this mean?" The nurse could not really answer my questions and I had to wait until my next appointment (4 weeks later) to discuss this issue with the Dr. Talk about stress! In addition, Dr. Kisabeth moved his practice without informing his patients. At the time, I was 7 months pregnant. I read about him leaving through the local newspaper. I did not receive a letter in the mail nor a phone call informing me of him leaving. When I contacted his new office to see what I needed to do regarding my appointments and records, the office never returned my phone calls. I called three times. This is the most unprofessional thing a Dr. can do. Especially to pregnant women!! I consider it complete medical negligence. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone! I now have a wonderful OBGYN whom I am very pleased with. I guess things happen for a reason.

Demanding Patient

I can't believe i broke my rule of never going to a Male Gyno...but I did and i am so happy for this...Dr Kisabeth is one of the few Dr.s that you will ever go to and know you have found a special professional...great friendly compasionate...several of my friends who work at our hospitals told me he is the nicest to the staff and his patients love him...after my husband met him he said "that guy is so nice" my hubby hates everyone! o well

Dr. Tim C Kisabeth is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Alton, IL.