Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tim R Tarkenton
Dr. Tim R Tarkenton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mineral Wells, TX, with other offices in Weatherford, TX and Mineral Wells, TX . He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology. He speaks English.
Dr. Tim R Tarkenton has 3 locations
220 SW 26th Ave Ste A
Mineral Wells, TX 76067
Book Online Now
Dr. Tim R Tarkenton has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Tim R Tarkenton has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
Dr. Tim R Tarkenton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tim R Tarkenton - Posted on September 25th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tim R Tarkenton - Posted on April 2nd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tim R Tarkenton - Posted on March 21st, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Tim R Tarkenton - Posted on November 22nd, 2010
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Tim R Tarkenton Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Tim R Tarkenton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mineral Wells, TX.