Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy C Atha MD
Dr. Timothy C Atha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Corvallis, OR, with other offices in Newport, OR and Newport, OR (and 1 other location). He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy C Atha has 4 locations
3600 NW Samaritan Dr
Corvallis, OR 97330
775 SW 9th St Ste B
Newport, OR 97365
3600 NW Samaritan Dr Ste E350
Corvallis, OR 97330
Book Online Now
Dr. Timothy C Atha has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Timothy C Atha has the following 13 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
Dr. Timothy C Atha is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
40 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Timothy C Atha Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Timothy C Atha
Dr. Atha joined Samaritan Heart & Vascular Institute in 2007. Dr. Atha earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas and a medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch. He completed residency training at the University of Florida and a fellowship at Louisiana State Medical Center in Shreveport. He is board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease, and is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. Prior to joining Samaritan, Dr. Atha practiced invasive and interventional cardiology in the central Arkansas cities of Little Rock and Conway. Dr. Atha is married, has two children and enjoys camping, hiking and amateur stargazing.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy C Atha is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Corvallis, OR.