Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy E Byun
Dr. Timothy E Byun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Byun is affiliated with South Coast Global Medical Center, Anaheim Global Medical Center and Chapman Global Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy E Byun has the following 4 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Skin Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Answered all questions, patient, and calming. I have much faith and confidence in him. Sad to see the angry comments about picky problems from picky patients. They work their butts off and couldn't care more. Nurse Gi, Dr Byun's assistant, has been so kind and caring.Everybody is scared and angry with cancer. I'm not one to take it out on a fine doctor and excellent nursing staff.
This doctor is certainly intellegent, but lacks the caring spirit necessary for this speciality. I was left waiting over and hour and a half for an appointment during my treatment. A cat scan was ordered without ordering the necessary bloodwork, resulting in me wasting an entire morning registering and waiting for the CAT scan, and then having to go back for lack of current bloodwork. Maybe after he sees another 1000 patients, he will develop some respect and compassion for them.
This doctor *knew* that a breast tumor is of a type that spreads to other parts of the body, yet he did *not* order any tests to check other organs. His explanation was "lack of clinical symptoms", which in my opinion is nothing short of idiotic--by the time there are symptoms, it is too late. Testing would not have changed the fate of this specific patient, but would have dramatically altered what she did in her last days.
Dr. Byun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1998
Uci Medical Center
Dr. Timothy E Byun accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHematology Oncology Medical Group Of Orange County, 1010 W La Veta Ave Ste 200, Orange, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy E Byun in this video.
Dr. Timothy E Byun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.