- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy Obrien MD
Dr. Timothy Obrien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH, with another office in Westlake, OH. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Obrien is affiliated with MetroHealth Medical Center and Ashtabula County Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy Obrien has 2 locations
25200 Center Ridge Rd
Westlake, OH 44145
Dr. Timothy Obrien has the following 3 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Timothy Obrien has the following 18 expertise
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
Dr. Timothy Obrien is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Obrien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ashtabula County Medical Center
27 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1989
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Timothy Obrien Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Timothy Obrien's office for more information.
2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland, OH : (216) 778-7800
25200 Center Ridge Rd Westlake, OH 44145
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.