Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy G Berger
Dr. Timothy G Berger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Berger is affiliated with University of California San Francisco Medical Center at Parnassus. Dr. Berger has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy G Berger has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Timothy G Berger has the following 26 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Photosensitivity Disorders
- Lichen Planus
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Basal Cell
- Pigmentation Disorders
- Kaposi Sarcoma
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer (Basal Cell Carcinoma)
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- AIDS-Related Complex
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Skin Diseases
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
Dr. Timothy G Berger has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Timothy G Berger is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 9
As soon as you meet Dr Timothy Berger & his staff you will know you are getting the best care around!
After having delt with cystic acne for several months, my father, also a uc doctor, suggested we go get a prescription for acutane or at least to go get my skin looked at. He set up an appointment with Dr. Berger, a seemingly great doctor. We got to the appointment with high hopes of finally ending my terribly skin problem, however, once my father suggested acutane Dr. Berger immediately suggested against it, in fact he wouldn't even flatter his suggestion. He prescribed me a mild topical and sent me on my way. The topical didn't help at all, and in fact my acne became increasingly worse. We finally found a doctor out of the UC system, who took my condition seriously and prescribed me what I needed. Needless to say, four years later with a face full of scars from my cystic acne, I will never go see Dr. Berger, or recommend anyone to see him again.
Wow. After seeing 4 docs and one tropical derm doc who is a friend of mine from India (but US Board cert'd), no one knew why my mite rash would not go away nor the most extreme case of itching, scalp included. He determined in a wholistic way using med history and social history as well,and did not rush me, and gave me more than ample time in patient education. He was amazing. One cannot get in with him unless another Derm refers. Mine was work related, hence the referral. Knowledgeable, did not rush me and just got nicer and nicer as the appt went on. I usually only get 5 to 15 min max in appts. Here is a world expert on rodent mite rash that no one can get in with and he took all the time I needed. God bless the man.
He quickly diagnosed and relieved my hyper photo-sensitivity problem that had stumped other dermatologists (allergy to the sun), and I would recommend him to anyone with a tough problem. Other Dermatologists send their toughest cases to him, such as mine. He's the Clinical Professor of Dermatology at UCSF in charge of teaching the Residents. The wait times are sometimes long, but worth it if one has a problem that has baffled others its worth it.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Berger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1975
United States Air Force Base Hospital
Dr. Timothy G Berger accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUCSF Medical Center, 1701 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Timothy G Berger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.