Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy J Gensler has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have gone to this clinic since 2006. The staff have always been kind and professional to me. Dr. Gensler is a great doctor as a matter of fact I don't know where I be without his care. The other doctors had just given up on me and said well, we just don't know whats wrong with you. I had RA and because my blood work was acceptionally low he suggested that I go back and follow -up with the hematologist and ask them to do a more through work up and they found out I also had Multiple Myeloma. Yes , he does care about the well being of his patients. He's has an old school bedside doctor patient manner. And that's very hard to find these days.
I had not been diagnosed with anything and my GP did not know what was wrong with me. I suffered w/ chronic fatigue and pain in my hands. Dr. Gensler listened to all of my complaints and seemed very concerned with my condition. He did a complete work-up of me with blood tests. I was eventually diagnosed w/ RA and have felt so much better on the medications. His office staff was incredibly polite and respectful. I think Dr. Gensler is just great.
All the doctors I've seen at this clinic (Denver Arthritis Clinic) treat their patients as nothing more than charts and a diagnosis; they do not take an interest in their patients as people. If they spend more than 5 minutes with you, you're lucky.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Timothy J Gensler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDenver Arthritis Clinic PC, 200 Spruce St Ste 100, Denver, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy J Gensler in this video.
Dr. Timothy J Gensler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.