Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy J Harkins MD
Dr. Timothy J Harkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clinton, SC. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Obstetrics. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy J Harkins has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Timothy J Harkins has the following 12 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy J Harkins - Posted on July 8th, 2015
Amazing, understanding, thoughtful
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy J Harkins - Posted on May 9th, 2015
May 7th had to have a hysterectomy done. I am so thankful to have had dr Harkins do it, every time I looked he was beside my bed, long story short, I was behind on my fluids and thanks to him, he sat at my bedside squeezing bags of fluid so I could get fluids faster. Thanks so much dr Harkins. To all the ladies in the office thank you for being so understanding as well. The best dr of the year award goes to him!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy J Harkins - Posted on January 26th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy J Harkins - Posted on March 11th, 2013
I would not recommend anyone to this dr!!! Thank god i had a second opinion because he was of no help! Went there with abnormal bleeding for a month which he didnt do a ultrasound check a hgb nothing! Once i got my second opinion she did my pap which came back abnormal and my ultrasound showed a fibroid and what maybe a polyp, im still in the process of figuring out whats going on through my new ob office n procedures! Wouldn't want any one else getting misdiagnosed! There never was a follow up on his end so that star shouldn't be there at all.
29 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Timothy J Harkins Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTIMOTHY JAMES HARKINS MD, 102 Medical Park Ct, Clinton, SC
Dr. Timothy J Harkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Clinton, SC.