Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy W Harstad
Dr. Timothy W Harstad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with another office in Austin, TX. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Harstad is affiliated with University Medical Center Brackenridge, St Davids Medical Center and Heart Hospital Of Austin At St Davids Round Rock. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy W Harstad has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
WAY OVER PRICED. This facility charges insurance companies 9x the medicare rate, and won't provide pricing information up front. My wife and I were not billed for our first visit until AFTER our second visit. We received standard ultrasounds and apparently a couple of echocardiograms (which we were not aware of apriori). At the end of our 2nd visit they handed us a bill for the first visit that exceeded $600. I NEVER would have returned for a 2nd visit had I known this was the case. To top that, they charged my insurance for nearly $4000 on the 2nd visit! UNETHICAL.
(I have never written a review of a physician before, but I find myself reading them often, so I'm posting this in the hope it will be helpful to others.) My wife and I met with Dr. Harstad to discuss the unexplained death of our child in the third trimester and the possibilities of recurrence in future pregnancies. Dr. Harstad was thorough and helpful. You might describe his demeanor as dry, but he was not unsympathetic, just focused on the medical issues, which is what we're looking for in a physician. He was very familiar with the file and clearly knowledgeable and experienced. He was invested in helping us work through uncertain medical questions and presenting us with a clearer pictures of possible explanations. I'm sorry to read that the other reviewer's experience was negative; we had a good experience with this doctor.
Dr. Harstad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Timothy W Harstad accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy W Harstad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.