Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy S Kavanaugh has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
Showing 5 of 52
This doctor seems to go strictly by imaging as he does little or no manipulation or assessment physically. Every time I went back he never moved or even touched my leg. My pain is worse than ever. Can't sleep in a bed anymore, can't walk more than a short distance, can't enjoy any activities. He will say he will call with results but never does. Passed me off to a pain specialist. Also now one of my hips is bigger than the other (he never told me that would be an issue). He rushes you and doesn't adequately assess as I have been told by another doctor that the surgery did not address the real problem. He has tunnel vision and all he wants to do is operate. After he operates good luck getting any help.
This is a follow-up review four years post-surgery. The hip prosthesis implanted by Dr. Kavanaugh was recalled, requiring removal. I got a generic "dear patient" letter from his office notifying me of this, with zero follow-up from them to make certain I had received the letter. (A friend of mine, with the same implant but different surgeon, got a personal phone call from the surgeon himself regarding the recall. ) After my previous experience with Dr. Kavanaugh, I was not inclined to see him again. I found another surgeon to do the revision surgery, and this doctor immediately identified the reason that the original implant had never worked well for me: the acetabular cup had been put in incorrectly. This was confirmed by another doctor during a separate visit. (Dr. Kavanaugh always acted as if I were making things up when I said my leg motion was off.) The experience with the second surgeon just served to reinforce how poor my experience with Dr. Kavanaugh was - from the lack of communication, to the poor technique of the surgery, to the haphazard way my incision was closed. I have warned several people away from using Dr. Kavanaugh and will continue to do so.
Dr. Kavanaugh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Timothy S Kavanaugh accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Physicians Anchorage Inc, 3801 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste 300, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy S Kavanaugh in this video.
Dr. Timothy S Kavanaugh is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.