Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy M Chen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I would never make another appointment with him. It doesn’t look like he know the medical terms I said when I was talking to him. He just sat there with this arms closed while I had to keep explaining to him my symptoms. He barely looked over and diagnose me. It was like I have to tell him what I need. He’s not very proactive or sympathetic or pleasant to have as a doctor. I left feeling the same way before I came. He just iterate it. Now I have to go to a different dr to see what is really going on. So never again going to see dr Chen.
WARNING BEWARE!!!! If you want to pay outrageous costs then this is the doctor office for you! I went in as a new patient and (per the billing dept exact words) just for talking to the doctor the new patient cost is $760!!! I have never had a doctor visit ever cost that much in my life. Of course there's deductibles to be met but I have never in my past had just one visit that filled up my entire deductible. This is just wrong. The actual office will not tell you what their office visits cost. And when I spoke to billing their exacts words were to google for research the levels of cost/care. I am just in shock. And from what I see in other reviews below, they don't do payment plans either. I disputed the cost and the billing dept called me saying theyre justified for the info he requested in the data base and his "decision making". I guess the dr having me follow his pen in different directions, standing on my heels/toes and sending me on my way with a tylenol rx is justifying enough for them. Just unreal. STAY AWAY!!!
31 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Timothy M Chen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUcla Simi Valley Primary And Specialty Care, 2655 1st St Ste 360, Simi Valley, CA
Dr. Timothy M Chen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Simi Valley, CA.