Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy J Mcaveney has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Timothy J Mcaveney has the following 5 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
Dr. Timothy J Mcaveney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Timothy J Mcaveney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. McAveney is a wonderful and amazing doctor who goes out of his way to take care of his patients. I was very happy with his decision to do my angiogram. After I explained my symptoms to him, he made sure that my procedure was done promptly so that I could be healthy once again and enjoy my family vacation.He is an excellent doctor and I recommend him to anyone who is looking for a cardiologist.Thank you Dr. McAveney!!!
I saw this cardiologist at his Anaheim Hills office today and could easily tell that he is very knowledgable when it comes to cardiology. He explained to me what he believed had happened to my heart and the technologies/medications/treatments currently available to keep my heart healthy going forward. He seems nice, genuinely wants his patient to get the best treatment possible and genuinely wants to work together with the patient attacking the issues. Before he let me go he gave me chance to ask questions and asked me to stay in touch with him. Nice (and smart) guy! I would highly recommend this cardiologist!
20 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Orange County Anaheim Medical Center, 3440 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA
Dr. Timothy J Mcaveney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anaheim, CA.