Dr. Timothy Odonnell Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Timothy Odonnell?

Do not go to this doctor

Posted on May 4th, 2017

I can't say enough how terrible of an experience I had with Dr. O'Donnell. If I could give a negative star, I would. This is going to sound crazy but, from the very first visit, I got a strong impression that he is in this for the money and that impression has proven true in my treatment. He has no bedside manner. He barely speaks to you and you're in and out of that office in less than 5 minutes. He seems to expect you to know your options ahead of time and then ask questions instead of providing information to you. He also never bothered to ask me about my medical history. Even after I'd offered some relevant information, he didn't inquire further. I went in to see him for a consultation to get a hemorrhoid checked out. He gave me two options: to remove it in office but it wouldn't do the whole trick OR to do surgery (the most expensive option). I didn't know much about the issue (it turns out there were MANY other common, in-office, less expensive procedures he could have at least discussed with me) so I asked about any risks or complications or if it was necessary. He said there were NO complications. NONE (this is not true. There are tons of potential complications and I ended up experiencing one of them). So I went ahead with the surgery. I was in pain and I was desperate to change it. Fast forward 4 days and I have the surgery, receive NO follow-up or after-surgery care from him. He didn't even bother to come see me afterward or to tell the nurses what I was supposed to do (e.g., what to eat/not eat, what medicines to take/not take, what to look out for, etc.). I had to look everything up either on Google or through my insurance-provided 24 hour nurse phone line. It was awful. Fast forward 1.5 months and I'm billed a facility charge, a "first-time visit" charge, and they charge the less-than-5-minute "consultation" as an outpatient surgery visit, meaning I was billed $102 more in addition to my $60 co-pay. For less than 5 minutes. I could go on and on. I've never felt so taken advantage of, exploited by, and angry that my physical body was put at unnecessary risk by a medical practice. Run away from this doctor. Run as fast as you can.

Good experience

Posted on February 15th, 2016

My experience was in the office to have some hemorrhoids banded. He was professional and considerate. He was able to take care of my problem to my satisfaction.

Posted on November 10th, 2015

Would definitely recommend Dr O'Donnell. Had a nice bedside manner and took time to explain what he was doing. Then when the procedure was over came to check me out and let me know the results with a friendly caring manner. Had a good experience overall and would advise others to see him.

Loved one of deceased patient

Posted on November 1st, 2015

Watch out for this doctor. He is extremely arrogant and refuses to consider the possibility of fatal complications. Avoid him at all costs.

Dr ? O'Donnell conemaugh hospital

Posted on June 11th, 2015

His aftercare knowledge is very poor. He wss condescending and ran his swab and finger in and out of my inflamed rectum while he smirked and asked if something is wrong. He was the worst dt I have experienced and will be getting a second look by a professional

Posted on February 19th, 2015

Follow up visit consisted of him sitting on a chair, asking if we had any questions..didn't physically look at patient...seemed annoyed he even had to be in the room!

Posted on November 1st, 2017