Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy E Phelan MD
Dr. Timothy E Phelan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Timothy E Phelan has the following 13 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Women's Health
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 6
The BEST of the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy E Phelan - Posted on January 5th, 2012
Dr. Phelan is the best doctor your could ask for. Having esperienced many doctors with the delivery of my daughter (I had to be transferred to another hospital) he, by far, has the best bedside manner and compassion for his patients. His office staff is GREAT, and the environment is very soothing. He never makes me feel rushed, and encourages questions. I highly recommend him to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy E Phelan - Posted on July 11th, 2011
I had high hopes for Dr. Phelan after reading his positive reviews. however, it seems that if you are a sexually active young woman who has no interest in becoming pregnant, Dr. Phelan would much rather spend time with his pleasantly fertile other patients. I came in because my cycle was a week late. Because I have an IUD, I became concerned-it can be very dangerous to become pregnant with one in. I also wanted an STI screening. After examining me for five minutes, Dr. Phelan recommended I buy a drugstore pregnancy test. He then screened me for a yeast infection, which came up negative. I assumed he had also swabbed me for an STI screening like I had requested, but he had not. I work long hours, and it is very hard for me to find time for appointments. Dr. Phelan's dismissal of my concerns (and his neglect to give me an STI screening test) was unprofessional, inconvenient and emotionally exhausting. By all means: if you are a happily married upper middle class Folsomite, go right ahead. This deviant will be taking her lady-parts elsewhere.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy E Phelan - Posted on May 17th, 2011
I'm so glad I found Dr. Phelan
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy E Phelan - Posted on February 2nd, 2010
I transfered care to Dr. Phelan in the middle of my last pregnancy. My previous OB was always rushed. She never took the time to listen to my concerns or answer my quetions. I was so happy after my first meeting with Dr. Phelan. He is so relaxed. He really listend to me and spent time answering all my questions. As I got closer to my due date I finally told Dr. Phelan that I really wanted/needed him to be there for my delivery. And to my surprise he said sure. When the time came he was there even though it was his day off. He made the experience very special. I would not see another OB doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Timothy E Phelan - Posted on January 31st, 2010
Another doctor had requested an ultrasound to check for a condition. Their office called and read some results that sounded scary, but said they didn't have an appt. to discuss for several weeks. I called Dr. Phelan's office and got in the next day!! I brought a copy of the report, and he eased my mind about the results. He took his time answering all my questions and even asked if there was anything else I wanted to ask him before he concluded the appt. He made sure i got copies of all of my paperwork so that I could have the same info that he had. Excellent first impression, and i plan to continue using him.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
27 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Timothy E Phelan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsCREEKSIDE OB/GYN OF FOLSOM, 1621 Creekside Dr Ste 102, Folsom, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy E Phelan, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Folsom, CA, in this video.
Dr. Timothy E Phelan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Folsom, CA.