Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy S Pike has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Timothy S Pike has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Hyperbaric Medicine (Hyperbaric Oxygenation)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Wounds and Injuries
Dr. Timothy S Pike has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Pike is interested in promoting health for his patients. He was my doctor before I became a nurse. He is innovatative with how he runs his practice. For example, they have a walk-in clinic in the morning from 8-10 for emergent problems that can't wait. He uses PA's and nurse practioners to handle volume in his practice but he always has time for his patients. He is very knowledgable about Internal medicine and continues to educate himself about the newest treatments and ideas for leading a higher quality of life. He doesn't just deal with the patient but also the family, so he is not only a fine doctor but he has a terrific bedside manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Loyola University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTimothy Scott Pike Do, 1060 First Colonial Rd, Virginia Beach, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy S Pike in this video.
Dr. Timothy S Pike is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.