Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy L Pruett
Dr. Timothy L Pruett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Surgical Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Infectious Disease and Transplant Surgery. Dr. Pruett is affiliated with University Of Minnesota Masonic Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy L Pruett has the following 5 specialties
- Surgical Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
- Organ Transplantation
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Mycoses (Fungi)
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Liver Failure
- Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Critical Care
- Liver Diseases
- Cryptococcal Meningitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Cavity Disease (Peritoneal Diseases)
- HIV Infections
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Pruett is a straight shooting but compassionate Dr., He is an extremely talented surgeon however it doesn't end at the procedure , he and his office have been there for me several times in the year since my surgery in communicating with my local Drs. Before going to the U of MN I was in pain every day and on tube feeds for almost a year until the surgery he performed. I am now back to my old life, pain free and eating everything in sight!
Dr. Pruett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Timothy L Pruett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Minnesota Medical Center, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy L Pruett in this video.
Dr. Timothy L Pruett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.