Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy R Gilbert has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Timothy R Gilbert has the following 17 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Timothy R Gilbert has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 49
This physician literally saved my life. Had significant complications from surgery. Spent 72 days in the hospital, 21 of those days were spent in ICU. Once discharged I still felt horrible and was down almost 40 lbs. After multiple visits with several physicians and still not felling better a friend suggested Dr. Gilbert. Although a 2 hour drive to see Dr. Gilbert I felt at this point it was worth a try. After my second visit I still felt bad and questioned his diagnosis. He strongly suggested I stick with the therapy and was certain his diagnosis was correct. In 2 months I gained over 30 lbs and feeling normal again for the first time in 6 months! I continue to improve and now have resumed all my normal activities. The 2 lessons I learned are trust your physician and be patient and that Dr. Gilbert is a truly knowledgeable caring physician. Thank you Dr. Gilbert for giving me my life back!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Timothy R Gilbert accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsImperial Health Llp, 1727 Imperial Blvd, Lake Charles, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Timothy R Gilbert in this video.
Dr. Timothy R Gilbert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Charles, LA.