Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy J Schaat has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Timothy J Schaat has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Timothy J Schaat has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
At first I thought I had found a great match for myself. But I ran into some problems. 1 He doesn't take insurance. 2 He is not in the office everyday and there is no way to reach him on off days or off hrs. if you have an important concern. 3 If you cancel an appointment even for an emergency you must send in payment for the next appointment before the day of that appointment. And if you cancel twice he just drops you flat even if you need medication refills. 4 He will not consult with you on the phone if you can't get to your appointment. 5 They have no lab access or any equipment for testing ie. X-ray, EKG, etc. and staff (not a nurse) just take your blood pressure on a little home monitor. Working with mental health patients and addiction patients a doctor must be concerned about just dropping you flat without enough medication to give you time to find a new doctor. Dr Shaat is personable and knowledgeable, yet there was always the impression that the money was more important than I was. I was so depressed I could not get myself to my last appt. and he didn't even call to check on what happened to me - but he kept my money anyway. Each appointment is $100 which all goes to him because he does not take ANY insurance.
This man is pathetic. He does NOT care about his patients. First off, he looks like a hobbit, he talks through his nose, it sounds like he got locked in the groin area to many times in high-school. He will say "ummmmm" every other word, very annoying ! When I told him my issue, he cut me off and went off about something totally off subject. In the end , he prescribed me aspirin, for what turned out to be a hernia !!! Stay away from this crazy elf man !
Dr Schaat is one of the only drS i have ever met who cares and really shows it. He is an excellent, very caring dr
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Timothy J Schaat accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy J Schaat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Draper, UT.