Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy C Shen
Dr. Timothy C Shen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Shen is affiliated with Doctors Medical Center, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus and San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Dr. Shen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy C Shen has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Timothy C Shen has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Nerve Damage
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery Recovery
Dr. Timothy C Shen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Timothy C Shen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I had a longer than usual wait time because of the initial paperwork to get started, I suspect. But it was worth the wait for this doctor. He has a down to earth and direct personality, his staff as well. They are very fast and effecient, and professional, including the doctor, as it relates to administration. As far as procedurally, he is compassionate and caring and has found ways to make the procudure very comfortable. I've had it done in the past, and this doctor's passion to be great, seems to bear fruit when he's working on you.
Caring and Compassionate - follows up on his patients. Knows what he is doing and does it well! I've been to several other pain control physicians, but never have come across one as patient centered as Dr Shen. He is more interested in how his patients are faring than how to pay for the latest Lamborghini.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Shen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Regents Of U Of M Umh University Of Michigan Hospital
Dr. Timothy C Shen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTimothy Christopher Shen Md, 3300 Webster St Ste 702, Oakland, CA
Dr. Timothy C Shen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.