Chronic Idiopathic Constipation
Learn more about chronic idiopathic constipation including treatment and facts about it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Timothy C Simmons Sr
Dr. Timothy C Simmons Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA, with another office in Long Beach, CA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Colon and Rectal Surgery. Dr. Simmons is affiliated with Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance and California Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy C Simmons Sr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
Dr. Timothy C Simmons Sr has the following 15 expertise
- Bowel Resection
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Bleeding
Dr. Timothy C Simmons Sr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 7
I recommend avoiding this Dr. at all costs. He performed a colonoscopy on me and he found a poly which he removed. Although I was told to call to make a follow up appointment with him in two weeks, when I called his office the next day, I was told that he could not see me and that I would need a referral from my primary care doctor. I was assured that I would receive the results by mail in two weeks. After two weeks I called and was told they could not mall the results to me. They said they could fax them to my primary care doctor where I could pick them up. I did that. My results said I had a carcinoid tumor (cancer) at the edge of the sample that he took. DOCTOR SIMMONS NEVER CALLED ME TO TELL ME THAT MY RESULTS WERE ABNORMAL!!! i saw my prmary doctor and he referred me back to Dr. Simmons, By this time it had been SEVEN weeks since the Colonoscopy.. During the visit all I got from him is what a fabulous job he did and he took great pictures. He claimed to have tried to call me but I never received a call and all of my numbers have voicemail. When I asked what number he called he said he did not know.. I decided not to have Dr. Simmons touch me and ended up being referred to another GI who said that the doctor should have called me and that, if he had done it, he would have gone in a week later and tattooed the area where the polyp was removed. I guess this would have cut into the profit margin for Dr. Simmons. He also said the pictures were of no use to him because there were no reference points marked. By the time the other GI went in, he could not find the spot where the polyp was removed. So I am in limbo not knowing if I still have cancer or not and being told theres really no way to be sure at this point. Horrific medical care provided by Dr. Simmons. Avoid this doctor at all costs.
Dr. Simmons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Timothy C Simmons Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy C Simmons Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.