Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy E Slavens has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Slavens has no bedside manners whatsoever. In most of our appointments, his back has been turned, typing on his computer, and saying "uh huh" many times. He has a hard time listening to what you say because he is already one step ahead of you- writing out a script for something you weren't finished asking him about. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. However, I would recommend this office. This location's office office staff and physicians assistants at this location are incredible and really work to provide good, comfortable, and meaningful services.
Dr. Slavens has a very cold bed side manor. He rarely looks you in the eyes and it doesn't seem like he is listening to you at all. It makes you feel like he doesn't care at all about me or what I'm there for. He just checks a few things off on his paper, checks your vitals and right out a prescription if he feels you need one. Then he's out the door before you can say another word. I would NOT recommend him to anyone.
30 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1988
Genesys Regional Medical Center
Dr. Timothy E Slavens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Practice Center, 9627 Route 35 Ste 10, Mount Pleasant Mills, PA
Dr. Timothy E Slavens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Pleasant Mills, PA.