Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward T Souweine
Dr. Edward T Souweine, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Towson, MD. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Souweine is affiliated with University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Souweine has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward T Souweine has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I had been going to "Doctor" Souweine for 15+ years. Over a recent period of five years he failed to diagnose cancer on my left forearm that was staring him right in the eye for 10+ visits, including 5 annual physicals. The growth was the size of a quarter and bright purple, yellow and red. When I finally insisted Souweine look at it and tell me what it was, he acted mildly surprised and said, "I think you ought to get that looked at." I had the growth incised by Dr. Syed, a skin cancer specialist, and the biopsy came back as melanoma. Dr. Syed, strongly suggested I have my lymph nodes removed, as he felt there was a good chance the cancer had spread to the rest of my body in the five years Souweine ignored it. An oncologist, Dr. McCarron, removed my lymph nodes, and I now go to him and Dr. Syed every six month to make sure I remain cancer free. Both doctors recommended I get a new doctor to replace Souweine, which I just did. To be continued.
Dr. Souweine is very careful not to over-prescribe uneccessary medications or tests. You can always get an appointment easily (no "I can give you an apt in 6 weeks for your emergency...") and they never make you wait long for your appointment. I get the feeling the office recognizes that they should value your time as well as the doctors'. I've been his patient for over 10 years.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Souweine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Edward T Souweine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRosenberg & Souweine Mds, 21 West Rd Ste 100, Towson, MD
Dr. Edward T Souweine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.