Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Timothy Wilken
Dr. Timothy Wilken, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Cruz, CA, with other offices in Monterey, CA and Salinas, CA (and 6 other locations). He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice, Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wilken is affiliated with Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Timothy Wilken has the following 3 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Timothy Wilken has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Timothy Wilken has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Wilken has always been caring and empathetic on all of my visits. He has been my doctor for a very long time and trust what he says. He is very bright and friendly. I cannot imagine someone not liking him, he has a great sense of humour. Dr. Wilken has a great bedside manner and he is very intelligent. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Wilken is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital
43 Years Experience
University of Oklahoma
Graduated in 1970
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Timothy Wilken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Cruz, CA.