Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Timothy J Zeien II has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Timothy J Zeien II has the following 10 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Failure
Dr. Timothy J Zeien II is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Zeien greatest attribute is that he listens and then acts. If you have a concern he will ask you and listen to what that concern is. Then he advises you on the spot and for me it has always ended positively. He is very competent and really wants to solve problems. He seems to really want to help people by being a real Doctor. I'm lucky to have found him.
Dr. Zeien was my third internist since living in the area since February, 2011. I wasn't thrilled with him but didn't want to switch yet again. His interpersonal skills are lax, spending endless time on the computer rather than in direct patient contact. We're moving out of the area (about 100 miles to where we previously lived), forcing me to make a change. I'll be seeing the same internist as before and hope he's still as good.
There are several people with whom I agree. The office staff is professional and courteous. I'm seen in less than 10 minutes and scheduling an appointment due to illness is extra ordinary. Dr. Zeien listens, addresses questions and concerns . He spends too much time, though, on the computer and is an alarmist, which was confirmed by a specialist. On at least two concerns, he was satisfied with the results of tests performed by my specialists and goes on to the next issue. This may sound crazy; but based on previous experiences with internists, I'd rather have someone who is concerned and points me in the right direction as opposed to someone who is not knowledgeable and doesn't know what to do.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Timothy J Zeien II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMorton Plant Mease Primary Care, 1840 Mease Dr Ste 404, Safety Harbor, FL
Dr. Timothy J Zeien II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Safety Harbor, FL.