Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Tobin S Naidorf
Dr. Tobin S Naidorf, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alexandria, VA, with another office in Alexandria, VA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Naidorf is affiliated with Inova Mount Vernon Hospital and Inova Alexandria Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Tobin S Naidorf has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 10
I need an endoscopy and colonoscopy and requested that they be done at the same time. This doctor told me that my insurance wouldn't cover them together and they had to be done separately. I knew this was a lie, and said "So if I get the insurance company's approval you'll do them together, right?". At that point (I was in an exam room in a gown) he stepped very close to me and said something along the lines of "Look, we don't get paid if we do them together, you understand?". I told him I did and he left the exam room as the appointment was over. About 30 seconds later he comes back in the exam room WHILE I'M CHANGING AND WITHOUT KNOCKING to try to continue to talk his way out of the lie. He got RIGHT up in my face as I'm standing there in my bra and gave me some song and dance about how I don't really need both procedures at the same time cause I had an endoscopy a few years ago, so there's no hurry, blah blah blah. So this guy lied to my face and then came in the exam room without knocking while I was changing and got inappropriately close to me as he tried to justify his lie. Terrible doctor and terrible person.
One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. Ignore the 5 star review above as it is most obviously a review written by the staff (note how it mentions everything you could possibly want in a doctor). This doctor was anything but thorough, polite, empathetic or personable. Naidorf refused to make eye contact with me, was rude to both myself and my fiancÃ©, unusually and unacceptably abrupt and didn't even ask questions about my symptoms to try to figure out what is going on with me. His exam consisted of taking my blood pressure (how on earth is that relevant to my gut health?!) and press lightly on my stomach. I am not exaggerating when he stopped me midsentence after his "exam" and walked out of the room (seeing as though there were no other patients there, it's like he had a tight schedule to keep). Absolutely horrible experience and left me more discouraged than I was before seeing him. Appointments are easy to make because he has no other patients. Be wary of a specialist that has immediate availability.
âI was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctorâs office. First of all, unlike most practices, my appointment with Dr. Naidorf was punctual and he saw me at the exact time that I was schedule. It was a great way to begin and that alone says a lot about a practice. My first contact was with Dr Naidorf is that he's very personable and caring in a very sincere way. What really was great is that he had patience and a calm disposition, not hurried like many doctors are today. Which enabled him to take his time to explain everything thoroughly, and also allowing me to ask all the questions I needed to ask. I would highly recommend this medical Doctor.â
Dr. Naidorf is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1984
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. Tobin S Naidorf accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Tobin S Naidorf in this video.
Dr. Tobin S Naidorf is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.