The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Toby Alligood has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Toby Alligood has the following 5 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Toby Alligood has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Toby Alligood is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
first my daughter had eczema. gave her a round of oral steriods that had no effect and i really wished she didn't have to take. went for a follow up and the rash was a little worse. now he says it is fungal infection. writes 2 prescriptions. i can only get one because the other isn't covered by insurance. i have contacted the office 3 times and still can't get another prescription. meanwhile my daughter's rash looks terrible and it is so sore and painful. he was nice but never did any testing to confirm it was fungal. he would rather try all these med.s to see. i am looking for another more knowledgeable derm
Dr. Alligood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Wake Forest University
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions10931 Raven Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC
Dr. Toby Alligood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.