Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Toby Shawe has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Showing 5 of 25
I went to this practice several times, and always had to wait a long time in the waiting room, and the staff were not all that friendly at the front desk. The women who took me back to the exam room were always friendly, and they were always great with samples, for sure and helpful with saving money on prescriptions. I liked the physician assistant, David Stein initially, and I thought Dr. Shawe was ok, until she told me she thought she thought I had scabies and prescribed an anti-fungal. I knew it was ridiculous. I ended up going to another doctor, who confirmed that it was not scabies. During that appointment, she seemed flippant and like she had no idea what she was doing.
Dr. Shaw may be competent. Have not had to test her, really. However, i almost always experience long delays in getting in to see her. I always arrive on time, but have had to wait 1/2 hour to an hour to be seen. the last time (when the wait was about an hour) I went to the receptionist to see if I had been called, but just not heard. She just said "no". Te receptionists expression seemed to imply that this was par for the course, and nothing for which to apologize. (After all, it wasn't the receptionist's fault.) When I finally got to see Dr. Shawe, I remarked to her regarding the delay and said that I had concern about being on time for my next appointment, though they were an house and 45 minutes apart. Dr. Shawe did not apologize; she just said that I shouldn't schedule appoints close together. No apology from anyone, and clearly Dr. Shawe wasn't going to break that record. I have years of experience with a wide range of physicians, and have never have reason to write a poor review. This is my first time, and for a reason. I am looking for a new dermatologist.
I wish Vitals existed at the time of my awful experience with Dr Shawe. Though it was a number of yrs ago, i still remember her flippant and dismissive attitude when she insisted on charging for a redo procedure that occurred more than a month after the original one that did not take. The office could not rebook me until that time, though I called early on. She was incredibly rude when I asked her to reconsider charging for the very expensive redo procedure (which again was useless). I came across a suit (right above her name on Google) by her former employer where I had been a patient. No surprises there that she would steal a patient list for her own benefit from that office. Karma's a ***...., isn't it?
Dr. Toby Shawe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Toby Shawe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenside, PA.