Dr. Toby Shawe Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Toby Shawe?

Incompetent, long wait

Posted on November 28th, 2015

I went to this practice several times, and always had to wait a long time in the waiting room, and the staff were not all that friendly at the front desk. The women who took me back to the exam room were always friendly, and they were always great with samples, for sure and helpful with saving money on prescriptions. I liked the physician assistant, David Stein initially, and I thought Dr. Shawe was ok, until she told me she thought she thought I had scabies and prescribed an anti-fungal. I knew it was ridiculous. I ended up going to another doctor, who confirmed that it was not scabies. During that appointment, she seemed flippant and like she had no idea what she was doing.

arrogance

Posted on November 9th, 2013

Dr. Shaw may be competent. Have not had to test her, really. However, i almost always experience long delays in getting in to see her. I always arrive on time, but have had to wait 1/2 hour to an hour to be seen. the last time (when the wait was about an hour) I went to the receptionist to see if I had been called, but just not heard. She just said "no". Te receptionists expression seemed to imply that this was par for the course, and nothing for which to apologize. (After all, it wasn't the receptionist's fault.) When I finally got to see Dr. Shawe, I remarked to her regarding the delay and said that I had concern about being on time for my next appointment, though they were an house and 45 minutes apart. Dr. Shawe did not apologize; she just said that I shouldn't schedule appoints close together. No apology from anyone, and clearly Dr. Shawe wasn't going to break that record. I have years of experience with a wide range of physicians, and have never have reason to write a poor review. This is my first time, and for a reason. I am looking for a new dermatologist.

Rude, unprofessional

Posted on December 29th, 2011

I wish Vitals existed at the time of my awful experience with Dr Shawe. Though it was a number of yrs ago, i still remember her flippant and dismissive attitude when she insisted on charging for a redo procedure that occurred more than a month after the original one that did not take. The office could not rebook me until that time, though I called early on. She was incredibly rude when I asked her to reconsider charging for the very expensive redo procedure (which again was useless). I came across a suit (right above her name on Google) by her former employer where I had been a patient. No surprises there that she would steal a patient list for her own benefit from that office. Karma's a ***...., isn't it?

Posted on June 16th, 2017