Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Todd R Christiansen has the following 2 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Todd R Christiansen has the following 12 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Todd R Christiansen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Todd R Christiansen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Very nice man, personable and caring. Takes his time with you and lets you run with your thoughts rather than asking "how does that make you feel" etc. Office staff, however, could use some "people skills" working in the type of office that they are in with the sensitive nature of the clients they are handling.
I've been seeing Dr Christiansen for 3-5 years now as my previous Dr left the practice. Dr Christiansen seemed adequate initially. He has forgotten appointments and even left for the day when scheduled. He is unresponsive and extremely difficult to reach for apt or prescriptions. This is even emailing or calling (as instructed) for prescriptions. After a week I've had to email other Doctors to reach out to him. Even the pharmacy has difficulty contacting him and the office for additional medications. Prescriptions have been called in wrong on more than one occasion. Has yawned several times during our sessions and seems uninterested in genuinely trying to help. I'm not certain he has the right work ethic and demeanor as a physician. Overall he gets a C- or D.
The worst psyciatrist I saw for my son. First time we saw him, he presented very nice and we were so hopeful. But did not know my son after two visits. ..made us feel we were just medical records. Called in medications wrong two times. When I called and left message at two different times that I was concerned about some things I was seeing and wanted to talk, he did not call and after more calls from me, just called in a different dose for my son and emailed me to tell me that. On the phone another time, he was very annoyed. My son is not just a number there to provide the good doctor with fees. So we found a great doc and left 5 months ago. I have not gotten any call from the doc to ask why we have not been coming for this chronic condition!!!!
18 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Todd R Christiansen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoshua Sussal Md Pa Psychiatric Clinic, 7474 Greenway Center Dr Ste 730, Greenbelt, MD
Dr. Todd R Christiansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenbelt, MD.