Dr. Todd Cooperman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Todd Cooperman?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

No wait, comprehensive, professional service

Posted on April 27th, 2015

I greatly appreciated the amount of time and genuine concern of the doctor for my medical issue. The Doctor gave me plenty of time to ask questions about my injury, understand the plan for treatment and next steps, after if the rehab was not successful. I had a very short wait.

100% confidence in Dr Todd Cooperman!!

Posted on April 27th, 2015

I have 100% confidence in Dr. Todd Cooperman and would recommend him highly to anyone that needs a physiatrist. He treated me personally as an out-patient for multiple injuries resulting from a bicyle crash (concussion, back & hip injuries, rotator cuff injury), and I also referred my dad to him for a shoulder/elbow injury. He has been the primary in-patient physiatrist for my grandmother (respiratory failure), step-father--2 separate admissions (first a stroke & then a hip fracture) & aunt (stroke) as well. I have found, consistently, that Dr. Cooperman is incredibly throrough in his assessment. He has a very keen eye for detail & "digging for clues" to uncover what's going on; and following his intuition--which is exactly spot on when he suspects something is going on and orders the right tests to confirm a diagnosis and more importantly, effectively treat & manage what is wrong. From a bed-side manner standpoint, Dr. Cooperman is very professional, down-to-earth & approachable, not to mention very funny! This is a rare combination and welcomed when medical conditions can cause so much anxiety. He is also kind, compassionate & considerate. He made himself available to myself & my family at all times of the day, especially the evenings, even on weekends & holidays to answer questions & be in communication. I would highly recommend Dr Cooperman as an out-patient physiatrist or attending in-patient physiatrist at Healthsouth. Dr Cooperman leads an excellent clinical team and I felt comfortable & safe knowing my family members were in his care.

Terrible doctor

Posted on December 10th, 2014

One of the worst experiences I've had at a dr's office. I had a 1:45 appointment and I called ahead to make sure they were on schedule. They had assured me that I was the first appointment and that I would be seen on time. I arrive there, and there are two people ahead of me, and I didn't get seen until 3:15. That is nearly a 2 hour wait in his cramped office with other people who are waiting hours for their appointment. I had an appointment at 4:30 somewhere else, and he used that as an excuse to rush through my appointment to get back on schedule. He kept asking me the same questions as if he couldnt comprehend what I was saying. I had to tell him when my injury started atleast 5 times. He also did not notice my right quad was smaller than left until I literally pointed it out to him. He also was clueless about the problem, and the office was tiny. He told me my problem could be anywhere from the spine, to the knee, or the quad itself. I ddin't have kuch confidence in his diagnostic ability. I gave him a chance though since I had a 0 dollar copay. He told me that first he would order a quad mri, then he would order a knee one, then a back one. He said If they come back normal, he would still send me for physical therapy so i could get relief. I gott he quad mri and it was normal. Basically I had to drive to the radiology clinic myself to get the report because he was too busy on vacation in texas to call me. I finally got a call a week or two later after i called many times,. he called at like 10 pm. He was very rude, and said your quad mri is normal, i no longer can help you..go to an orthopedist. I told him that the orthopedist would be a 3 month wait, and that they said they only deal with bone injuries, which i do not have. i asked what about the knee and sine mris he promised. he said he didn't care. I asked if he'd give me that script for physical therapy like he promised, he told me he refused and to see my primary dr. This guy is a joke. He severely overbooks, and the other kicker is, he books appointments 3 months at a time. You literally see him one day, and then the next appointment is 3 months away. If this guy were not in medicaid I would have never considered seeing him...but even with the 0 dollar copay i will never go back. the receptionist sandy is also rude, and obnoxious. Run away from him.

Posted on November 9th, 2015