Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dewey T Detar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Dewey T Detar has the following 10 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Dewey T Detar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Oh my he was our family doctor 20 years ago! I will NEVER forget him! When my daughter was in ICU at our local hospital and the doctors could not diagnose her after a accident, Dr. Detar transferred her to the children's hospital! He saved her life! She had a long road to recovery from internal injuries and I do feel had he not done what he did for her she may not be here today! THANK YOU Dr. Detar! We often remember you and miss you dearly in PA!!
I enjoyed going to see Dr. Detar as a Dr. more than any Dr. I've had in my life! I never had to wait very long, he always greeted me with a smile & ask how I was doing. He went over any tests that I might have had recently & listened closely to any of my concerns. He was very concered & called me with any news I might need to know..called me himself, not having a nurse do it for him. He's leaving now & although I understand the reason, I'll miss him so very much. I feel like I've lost a wonderful Dr. but also a good friend! Thank you very much Dr. Detar
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
31 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Dewey T Detar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPark West Family Practice, 3510 N Highway 17 Ste 320, Mount Pleasant, SC
Dr. Dewey T Detar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Pleasant, SC.