Dr. Todd S Giese Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Todd S Giese?

Callous and arrogant

Rarely listens to patients. His explanations of what is wrong are virtually non-existent, as he just jumps straight to what he's prescribing and gives no actual prognosis. Has no respect for his patients either. We had 15yrs of experience with this man and we stayed because of the other doctors in the office. He was always a last resort if the other doctors were not available. We finally have had enough after his callous treatment of my wife.

Excellent Doctor

I have been seeing Dr. Giese since 1995, along with my two daughters, at the time ages 6 mos and 11 yrs. His diagnosis are always accurate and he does not over medicate. This is vey important in this day and age. I have always known that he is a religious man, but his has never pushed his religion on me or my children. The other doctors are good as well, I have seen them all quite a few times. The desk staff does need improvement on their customer service attitude. They also have a tendency to schedule appointments too close together which makes the office constantly run a litlle late. I have never had an issue with the nursing staff, and have always received followups when required. Not all visits require followups. I would not have stayed with Dr Giese for 19 years if he was a great doctor, my daughters are both adults now and continue to see this group. the oldest one has started bringing her own family to this group also. I'm not sure where those reviews about religion are coming from, but we have never even tiptoed around the subject in all these years. While they do have a pamphlets in their waiting room, you can most certainly ignore them if you're not that kind of person.

Very Friendly, kind, concerned, but a little touchy feely

I feel that Dr. Giese is very nice and very friendly. Always shook my hand when he walked in the room and asked me about how things were going at home and stuff. (he makes notes on relationships and life events in his charts). While he chats though he tends to get a little handsy nothing crossing the line but still (touch my knee or arm as he talked to me) I never felt he had bad intentions by doing this it is just a slightly uncomfortable gesture. He worked with me though I getting me on the meds that were right for me for my behavioral issues that I have struggled with my whole life (so I know what works and what doesn't meds-wise). Ultimately I feel like he is a good doctor he is friendly and personable and truly does care.

Such a big heart and great at what he does!

Finding Jesus at Dr. Office

Did not appreciate this doctors opinions. Why should I pay him to give me the same message that I receive from my pastor! Jesus saves, does he also pay my doctors bills? My religous preferences should not be his concerns, since I has there for physical concerns not psychological.

Finally found the doctor I have been looking for!

Dr. Giese is a real doctor that treats the patient and does not have that reflex action to write a quick prescription. He is the best of both worlds really. He is up-to-date on medicince and practical about application. What a relief. I have been searching for about 8 years.

Awful doctor

So this doctor does not believe in pain medications. He does not believe in birth control. I was in the hospital and he preached to me and said that I will be in pain but not to take any medications. He was horrible. He accused me of being addicted to narcotics! He does not like it if you challenge his beliefs. Did he not have to take the oath of "do no harm"? I think he is the worst doctor ever and would never recommend anyone see him, even in an emergency.

A Doctor who Cares

I have been seeing Dr. Giese for many years now and both me and my son think he is a great. I have read some reviews that say he is unprofessional, I would definitely not say, what I like most about him is that he is personable. If really cares about his patients both from a health perspective and personally. If he is asking more questions its because he wants to get to know you because he cares. If you are looking for a stuffy boring Doctor who barely asks any questions or talks to you and rushes like he cant wait to get out of the room than Dr. Giese is not for you there are plenty of those doctors around. Sometimes you do have to wait awhile at the office but I dont mind because when it is my turn he doesnt rush me and takes time to listen and answer all my questions.I have also been pleased with the others doctors there.

Religion Has No Place in a Medical Office...

I saw Dr. Giese first upon recommendation and a few other times when other doctors in the practice were unavailable. On one occassion, I had visited due to a throat infection - I was asked about my current prescriptions, one of which was birth control, and was then subjected to his strong religious tirade about how sex will never mean anything to me because I'd had it outside of marriage. He went on to spew his opinion about how my future marriage was going to be forever tarnished due to my pre-marital sexual encounters. I was in such shock that I couldn't even say a word. Another visit to Dr. Giese (trust me, if I hadn't been desperate I would not have gone back) for a mild case of tonisillitis resulted in horrible side effects due to the "overkill" strength of prescription he gave me. Most doctors would prescribe penicillin, which had always done the trick for me, but instead he prescribed the same antibiotic given to anthrax patients (Levaquin). Besides paying over $100 when I could have paid $4, every bacteria in my body, good & bad, was wiped out and I suffered with the results for a month after. I've learned my lesson and went to another practice altogether.

Dr Giese is a great doctor

I have been seeing Dr. Giese for a couple of years. I have found him to be pleasant to talk to, easy to communicate with and above all a great Doctor. I don't see him often but when I do I know I will get great care. The negative posts that are on here certainly don't sound like the Dr. Giese that I know.

Unprofessionalism.

When he entered the room, he shook my hand, and began asking a slew of confrontational, rude, questions. He was sarcastic in tone. I advised him I was not there to discuss his questions, but was there because I was in extreme pain, and wanted to stick to the exam. He exploded, he stood up, opened the door, and yelled in the office area "you dont give me attitde", then slammed my file down on the receptionists table and yelled "cancel it", and left in a huff down the hall. I collected my check, and waked out. Frieghtening experience. Utter and total unprofessionalism.

I saw Dr. Giese on 2 occasions. Both times I was prescribed extemely narcotic drugs for simple issues (cough, neck pain) which I could not take. Also, I felt extremely uncomfortable by his bedside manner. He was overly touchy to the extreme.

Dr. Todd S Giese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Crystal Lake, IL.