Dr. Todd L Johnston Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Todd L Johnston?

Hip Analysis

I'm having severe back pain and hip pain. In CR last week my back doctor set up an appointment to visit Dr Johnston for my hip because the x rays showed some problems with my hip. I made the visit today and was a little disappointed. He asked me about my symptoms and spent all of 3 to 4 minutes with me and no direction or diagnosis other than to say the nurse would be in to give me a shot in the hip. He didn't go through the X-rays with me, suggest a follow up visit or give me a what to do next for my hip. I didn't get an answer as to if I had a problem or not until I cornered him in the hallway as I was leaving. He gave me the answer that it wasn't that bad yet. I had to push for an explanation. When a patient is done the least you expect is a direction and a diagnosis. I could have been told what the shot did and how it worked and how long I could expect it to last. I did get that from the nurse. He could have told me it wasn't that bad before he left. He could have said deal with your back first. When I came into the office the first thing they did was take X-rays. They turned out to be the same poses I did in CR. I asked why they didn't look at the X-rays I had already taken last week. The only response was it was their protocol. The nurse taking the X-rays was very good. I was in a lot of pain. I don't even know if he looked at either set of X-rays. No follow up visit was scheduled so the pain must be something I imagine. I just felt I was given a cold rushed visit and I kind of wasted his time. Maybe at 74, I just complain too much.

Broken arm

Was very disappointed in his bedside manner. Told me I was going to be in a nursing home st 70 because my bones were not strong. Made an appointment with his friend for a bone density test without my knowing. Always talked down to me. Thank hid he has an amazing nurse. Will never go back to him. Maybe he should be in a class room teaching instead of making people feel bad

Don't get a hip labral repair

I had a hip labral tear, which he believed was bursitis even after the MRI tech said I had a nearly 2 cm tear. During his exam I was crying I was in so much pain and he still said bursitis. He was always running late, didn't listen to what I was saying, which was evident when I requested my medical notes and couldn't believe how inaccurate they were compare to what I actually told him. And ultimately I had to have the same surgery done again 18 months later. I went to a different doctor.

Dr Johnston and his nurse Jackie

I would not go to another Doctor. They are both amazing.

Dr. Todd L Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waterloo, IA.