Dr. Todd L Knapp Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Todd L Knapp?

good diagnosis, mediocre follow-up

Dr. Knapp diagnosed and removed a melanoma in situ. I am grateful for that. During subsequent checks in the years following, he did not look through my hair or under my bra or underpants. Moles can be ANYWHERE, so I want my dermatologist to look EVERYWHERE-- especially those places that are difficult for me to see. I have found another dermatologist who actually does a thorough check.

Best Dermatologist

Excellent dermatology surgeon. His surgical repairs are better than most plastic surgeons, minimal scarring. Well worth seeing in Corvallis.

He is the Best.

I have had many Mohs surgeries performed by Dr. Todd Knapp. He is very professional, knowledgeable, and kind. I live in Eugene, Oregon and I will travel to Corvallis to have my procedures performed by Dr. Knapp. His suturing technique is beautiful, minimal scaring. He is the best in my opinion.

Not Happy

Very bad doctor, missed finding a spot of skin cancer on my face!

Missed diagnosis

On a recent visit with Dr. Knapp I asked him to check a Moh's surgery site that he had performed. I thought it looked like the cancer was returning. He seemed offended and defensive that I would think that one of his surgeries was returning. He looked at the site and said all I see is a blood vein. I didn't agree and decided to get a second opinion from a different doctor and I'm glad I did. The site was biopsied and it confirmed that the basal cell cancer had returned. Even thought it's only been two months since my last appointment with Dr. Knapp, and I do mean my last, my new doctor has frozen eighteen spots with liquid nitrogen, and biopsied two other lesions that turned out to be a basal and squamous cell. So much for Dr. Knapp's thorough "total body skin check". I find this very troubling. What if I had trusted Dr. Knapp. The outcome could have been much different. Why...our immediate family has experienced a death from a metastatic basal cell cancer. Very rare but it does happen. My opinion is that Dr. Knapp is less concerned about patient health and more interested in the $$$$$.

Lying physician, unethical physician, including some staff members as well

I considered reporting this physician. Unethical behavior. Crass and arrogant demeanor. I left crying after being berated. The next visit an office worker threw a rag at me instead of handing it to me. The office dynamics with he and his female staff are 'interesting'. They called just prior to appt to rescheduled for an hr later. After making several arrangments with children's schools etc, I made it there at this new time. Then I was made to wait over an hr until my original apt time. This rescheduling game happened every time thereafter until I finally ended treatment early. I don't have confidence in his abilities, especially in comparison to other dermatologists I've seen.He touts that he graduated at the "top of his class". That could mean top 50%. He doesn't strike me as brilliant, but rather sloppy, taking unecessary risks. He pads surveys. They were horrible, then shortly thereafter there are 20 more surveys, all excellent. No other Dr, bad or good, tends to have the survey responses he does. I suppose this is necessary because he is so bad at what he does, he must do damage control somehow.

MUST GO TO

Compassionate, caring. Made me feel like my care was top priority.Answered every question I asked in detail so I could understand. Staff has a wonderful cohesive working group. Long surgery with warm caring staff.Outstanding surgery recovery area.We are so lucky to have this caliber of Dr. in our area.

Amazing Work!

I am so happy with Dr. Knapp and all his staff including checking in and out. Everybody is professional, kind and caring.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

I totally agree with other 1 star review.

STEAR CLEAR! If I could give zero stars to this physician, I would.

Unprofessional, unethical and retributive physician along with staff member. Other staff were kind of professional - situation was beyond their control. I fear giving specifics lest I be identified. Will be filing complaint with appropriate governing agency.

Best dermatologist

Most talented mohs surgeon in Oregon. I've been to many. Hands down the best.

Dr. Todd L Knapp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, OR.